Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spent some time in a Cambodian hospital bed.

Letter from January 29, 2012

I hear you heard the hospital story from Sister Smedley.  I bet Mom didn't like it.

Here's the play by play.

Monday comes around and lie normal we go to the mission home to check for mail. It was the week of weeks for teaching and appointments. We were set up for a big week. We go to the mission home and my companion starts complaining about feeling sick. Its kind of been a common occurrence among us over the last 2 months so we didn't think much of it. He starts talking to sister Smedley about it and she tells him to go directly to the hospital.

So, we go to the hospital and it was pretty fun. I spent the night on the couch in the hospital room while my companion was hooked up to the I.V. for an amoebic infection.

When I woke up the next morning I found myself running to the bathroom over and over. They did some tests on me and found out I have the same thing. So they roll another bed in and hook me up to an I.V.  I felt bad for my companion because it was another addition to a long string of unpleasant events over the last few weeks. We were in the hospital for 3 days. He was having a really hard time making sense of it all.  So I ended up being a pep talker for 3 days.  It was a good learning experience for me. 

While I'm in the hosptial, hooked up to an I.V. the nurses check on us all night to make sure that we''re doing ok. So it gets to around 11:30 and I'm exaushted from the day. Im half asleep when all the sudden this beeping noise starts going off. I thought it was my companions I.V. so I ignored it. Finally Elder Nielsen tells me its my I.V.  We realize I forgot to plug the charger back into it after I used the restroom.  So in the dark, I reach down to plug it in and I heard a pop.  Suddenly a lot of liquid began spilling all over the sheets and my arm. I thought it was the liquid from the I.V. so I quickly kept trying to plug my I.V. back in. My companion got up to turn the lights on. When the lights came on I found myself literally in a puddle of my own blood! Me and Iv's don't get along. The nurse came in and took care of me. 

We are ok now. After we were released, we spent the rest of the week at the mission home. Ate dinner with president and his wife last night. I love them both so much.

There wasn't a ton of proselyting this week, but we did get a few lessons in. 

I love you all

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment