Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dairy Queen break in the Prado

We went to the airport to pick up President. We got to drive the Prado, which is a lot nicer than the white van we drive around. I'm thinking I want to drive a stick shift when I get back. Its always a big bonus going to the airport because it means that we go to Dairy Queen! 

In 9 days I went on exchanges with 7 different Elders. It was crazy. One place to the next. It's a great opportunity because I get to see what EVERY area of the mission is like.  It's our best opportunity to train, lift, encourage, inspire, and bless. It is so much fun to get to know missionaries that I would normally rarely even meet. 

Bad news, I have a stomach infection! I think. For the past 3 days I've gotten painful stomach cramps every time I try and eat something. Also, we have 2 missionaries in the hospital with Dengue Fever. Very rare to have 2 at the same time. Boy, it looks miserable. One elder was in there with a fever of 104 degrees for an entire day. They couldn't do anything to lower his fever either. It was tough to watch. He's a huge soccer player from Southern Virginia University and it took him out completely. I felt so bad for him. I guess getting sick is just part of the experience of serving here. 

I love you guys!

Elder Nelson 


No comments:

Post a Comment